Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Sherm and I planned a little ride up to the Moki Dugway in Utah.

We decided to change those plans and head south as the temps in the high country are still rather low.

About 10 miles north of Ajo, AZ is this beautiful little rock canyon.

Enjoy these few pics while we ride ahead and take a few more.




At one time Ajo was a thriving mining town, but has receded a lot since the mine played out.

This old school house has since been adapted to a place where artisans can display their wares.

We stopped in Why. Some ask us why stop there. We answered Why Not?

This old pickup has been converted to a planter/water fountain.



A blooming Ocotillo

A very young castellated Saguaro 

Breakfast

A beautiful roadside memorial shrine


We were expecting to see a few wildflowers, but also expected them to be past their prime

They were, but they were still very beautiful






That blue wildflower to the right of the bikes is way past his prime.

This guy was skinny, but sort of scared me when I thought I saw him move in the cameras view screen. He was about 5' long.

He kept circling while I was photographing the snake.




Sherm and I were discussing our thinning hair. He told me he didn't have any bald spots that he could see in the mirror. I told him I would fix that later.

Peek a Boo

I could have done without that!



The 10 meter Scope on top of Kitt Peak.

We stopped by here for Sherm to see the big town of Sasabe, AZ

The Border Crossing at Sasabe was an American fiasco. You can google it and read all about it.


You've heard of Prickly Pear Cactus, these are Prickly PanCake Cactus.

I rode by here a year or two ago and it was coming soon then also.


We are spending the night in Nogales on the American side and had our evening meal at this little place near the motel.

Food was so so

But, the phone connection was great!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great pics. I loved visiting those areas when we lived in Tucson Mark MESHEGO1.

    ReplyDelete