Sunday, May 19, 2019

Sherm and I had planned a trip to ride the Moki Dugway in Utah a few months ago. We decided to wait until May for the great weather. Ya, right!!!

While riding from my house to his I passed this guy riding an Indian and carrying his little dog that I reached out and gave a little pet to.

It rained most of the way up to Sherm's so we geared up for our ride to Flagstaff from his home in Kingman, AZ.

25 miles from his home is the old town of Hackberry on Route 66.

We stopped just long enough to take a few pics.




Sadly, this has been the outcome for most of the businesses that once lined the Mother Road.

At one time it was also used as the community post office.

Can you tell that Sherm isn't too excited about our riding weather?

We stopped at Lilo's West in Seligman, AZ for lunch, but the truth be known, we really needed to thaw out a bit.

Lot's of nice taxidermy work displayed on the walls of Lilo's.


Being the good vegan that I am, I had the Boca Burger.

This little gal .named Daisy sang to me while I had my veggie burger

She's a Cowgirl

Has the belt buckle to prove it!

Ahh! Relief, we arrived right at check in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment