Monday, May 20, 2019

We were very thankful to arrive at this Day's Inn after a very wet day of riding. Little did we know what tomorrow would bring!


After breakfast, we walked out of the lobby to find it spitting snow.

Not much......yet!

Sherm capturing the evidence 

So I did too.


I had my camera buried so deep in the many layers of my clothing that by the time I got it out this beautiful mountain got covered by this cloud.

Another snow covered hill came into view a little ways down the road, but not nearly as spectacular.

We stopped for lunch in Kayenta. Sherm was really working to put on a happy face after riding through heavy snow, very cold, and little visibility. At least the other drivers on the road weren't too crazy.

That big guy was with a group of 5 riders that came through the same stuff as we did, just ahead of us.

Not enjoying the days ride too much, I tried to improve my outlook with this! Yum-Yum!

Sherm left for Mexican Hat after we had lunch and told me to catch up when I was ready to leave. When I was finally ready to go I only went a 100 yards or so and there he was.......lost!

I had to stow the bike cover after eating here at Amigos in Kayenta. At least my seat was dry. :)

Just north of Kayenta lies Monument Valley



Many great westerns have been filmed here.

They are awesome to see and if the sun is just right they can be spectacular.

However, today Mr. Clouds was showing the Sun that he really isn't all that hot.

I like it with the sun much better.

The Mittens


Can you believe it? All this beauty behind him and he takes a Selfie!





We're staying at the San Juan Motel. Those cubby holes below the Coors sign hold all of the room keys.

This is the Gift Shop and Trading Post.

We get to park right outside of our room.

The San Juan River runs right alongside the motel.

A good size river here in the high desert.

Very nice setting against the Red Rock and the River

No comments:

Post a Comment