Sunday, July 21, 2019

I'm off on my big summer trip and this is my first fill up at the last station in AZ. Across the river from here in CA the price goes up by $1.00 per gallon, or more!

Riding down the road at 79 mph I would start to see these white leaf like things flying across the road. Then I would get tears in my eyes and start crying! Then I would pass one of these trucks hauling onions!

I used to ride out here all the time an a little Honda 50 when I was 15 years old.

It's changed a lot, but still a biker bar!

Back then this road to O'neal Park was one of my favorite roads. Today, it is heavily patrolled by the CHP!

My sisters and I used to love to go here for licorice when our family would go camping at the park. It still looks the same on the outside, but it is no longer a real general store these days.

Factory fuel for Indian Riders

Some motorcyclists were killed here on Santiago Canyon Rd recently as they pulled out from Cooks corner.

If they would like this sign to help, It should be on the other side of the road facing the other direction. 

When we were kids folks were allowed to camp and fish here at Irvine lake. Looks like things have changed.


Most won't believe this, but when I was fifteen, I hit 80 mph on a Honda 50 C -110 near here.



My sister wanted coach lights installed on the garage of her house so this is the before picture.

And, a couple of after pictures.

Neighbors 12 houses away are complaining of a strong light shining through their windows!

These two hangers at the Marine Corp Air Station used to house blimps built by Goodyear and used to patrol the coastal shipping lanes during WWII.

Made from Oregon Douglas Fir they may be the largest wooden structures in the world.

Eric and Cindy arriving for the 70th Birthday celebration of the Loara Class of 67 and being greeted by Linda and her sister.

Okay, they decided to give me a proper pose!

Barbara Kester and my lifelong friend Tom Spirlong

Linda, Connie, and Phil

Barbara, Nancy, Connie (in back) and Eric

Stewart, Barbie, Don, Joe, Michael, ? Craig, Barbara

And it was very good!

So much great food was catered and unfortunately I filled up long before I was able to sample everything!  

There was even a delicious vegan spread!

My starters

Linda and Jan's home is really the perfect place for entertaining! I wish I knew how to dance because they sure had a nice dance floor!


Our DJ for the evening sure played a great selection of tunes

Barbara never missed a jingle with her tambourine even when she was in the middle of a conversation. Now that's what I call multi-tasking!



Maryann was also a very wonderful hostesses for one of our class reunions two years ago!

What a fun evening. Did Judy take  all of that stuff out of Maryann's purse?

Phil Delgado still surfs 3 to 4 days a week. Craig is like me and just wishes he could!

When it was all over I think there was at least a third of the people that I didn't even get to say hello to.

I guess we'll just have to do it again!



This is the morning after our class reunion birthday party.

I got to finally ride with some new friends I recently made when I sold a dual sport motorcycle 

We are on the straight away now but soon to reach the twisties! Let me tell you, these boys could ride!

Topped up in Wrightwood then rode the Crest.  We stopped for a little breakfast and conversation at Newcome Ranch. Unfortunately, while we were eating they had to air-life someone off of the mountain that wasn't having as good a day as we were. We will ride again!

No comments:

Post a Comment