Wednesday, July 24, 2019

I've been wondering when this old riding buddy would show up

Wow, a bunch of limousines out in that field

I used to see these all of the time, not so much anymore.

Oh, give me a home

Where the deer and the antelope roam

And you can park your limousines in the shade

A few nice views while riding through Lassen Volcanic National Park today

I wasn't the only one enjoying the nice day

Looks cold, but was in the 80's


Not sure how it came about receiving this name

Most of the ice has melted, but there are still some snowbergs


Most of the people being photographed here were pretending to push this rock over the cliff.


A few adventure bus tours were showing folks around

I just had to show myself around

A project for my sister


This is on the way to Paradise, CA where the horrific fires were last year.


The fire destroyed so much

Hundreds of trucks going in and out all day long

thousands of homes were lost

As well as every kind of vehicle you can imagine

Some were spared while those all around it were destroyed, hard to explain why

Even the brick and mortar buildings were lost.



There are temporary housing for the construction workers

I stopped at an overlook as I was leaving town, but was unable to determine the significance of the padlocks on the fence.


But, there are thousands of them

That pay phone appears to be operational

However the restaurant was closed and I was hungry.


The Lassen Visitor Center


Definitely a stinky sulfur smell and very very hot! 

View out back of the Visitor Center

Not great, but filling

Those  perculations are 6" to 8" tall.



These yellow flowers were sure pretty




I'm not sure why all of these pictures got out of order today, but I'm sure I probably had something to do with it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment