Tuesday, September 3, 2019

I put new tires on my bike before I left on this trip thinking they would last the 12,000 or so miles I expected to put on this trip. However, the chip seal here in the east wears them out pretty fast. Fortunately, I was meeting up with with Bob, a fellow from the Goldwing forum that I had been trying to meet up with for the last couple of years, but our paths kept crossing in the night. Low and behold, he had the very tire I needed and even hauled me and the tire to the next town so I could get it mounted. Thanks Bob, I really enjoyed our visit, and I really appreciate all of your help.

Bob's riding has been on hiatus for a couple of weeks, but he is hoping to get clearance to ride again soon, maybe soon enough we can get a ride or two in together!

We had very nice lunch at this southern restaurant.

Lots of cars and bikes, always a good sign.

Bob patiently waiting for my blog pics. 

Two presidents and a king have eaten here!

At Honda of Russelville, this caught my eye.

I would buy it if I had a place for it. Would be fun in our desert.

All trikes in this pic

All bikes in this one

You can choose any color combo you want and they will paint if for you


Only a couple of miles on this tire.

Haganville Post Office

Haganville Post office sign

The rest of the town looks like it is being reclaimed by nature




I stopped on this one lane bridge and took a couple of pics. This side is still water and perfectly smooth 

On the other side you can see a little bit of flow

Made it!

Same tire, 75 miles later.

No comments:

Post a Comment