Friday, August 9, 2019

Yep, lucky 13

Just before I saw these guys I was saying to myself, where are all of the antelope?


My intention today is to do a five day visit of the Sturgis rally in five hours.

I shot it from several angles and focal lengths

You can read all about it if you have pretty good eyes.






ET should have called home by now.

Fueling up in Hulett, WY.  It is a popular rally ride, but I won't tell you why.

I was on the road this morning at 6:30 and I didn't see my first two bikes until 8:00 am.

I didn't get to see their wares, but then I didn't spend any money either.

It sure was fun getting to ride at speed instead of behind a half million roaring Harley's


You saw Devils Tower, now you see the Hay Tower.

Quite the Metropolis


They are called the Black Hills for a reason


Downtown Sturgis on Lazelle street. I think I've been calling it Latrelle street.

This was voted Bike Week 2019 most Beautiful Bike!

It's usually a two hour ride to go a mile here.

In the meantime, real life must go on.

In another hour you can multiply the number of bikes by more than a thousand.



Trikes don't normally excite me, but this one was way cooler then my pictures portrays.

A little drinking going on already and it is only 8:30 am.

By 10:00 they'll have a swagger going.

Deadwood is a mandatory visit when going to Sturgis

It is also on the route to Rushmore.



Lead was so named because if you went to work in their mine the riches you would gain would lead you back home in style.

Mt. Rushmore

George, or whoever and the backside of the needles highway.


The Badlands are another must see when in the area.

Because I'm doing this in 5 hours, I'm not going to see the really good part.

But you'll get the idea

Needing to beeline to Wall I ended up riding 30 miles or so on this dirt road.

She handled much better than I thought she would







Mostly straight, but several curves too!
Price for coffee is still the same



But a single scoop of ice-cream is pushing $4

I won't even tell you what this cost!

The kids have a lot of things to get their pictures taken with or on.

It's call the backyard

Inside, the store just goes on and on and on................

Lot's of street parking plus a few overflow lots. Tomorrow, I will do the Corn Palace, but this was a lot for 5 hours.

1 comment: