Saturday, August 17, 2019

It's looking ominous, I should have geared up.


These 1% ers were wearing their colors and maintaining a nice 85 mph.

I wasn't able to ID their club.


My GPS took me through Indianapolis and I was thinking it would be cool to see the raceway.

What do you know, the place is huge.



I arrived at my brother in law's house.





Back in a garage with a riding partner



Steve in his kitchen



On our way to dinner


After seeing this monument, He is reconsidering cremation. 

We had a nice steak here before heading out to find some covered bridges.

Riding through the Rob Roy Bridge near Attica, Indiana.


Man that itches!

Maybe if I comb it it will go away.

Oh yeah, I'm good to go now!

Now this is styling, not like the old guy on the wing.



Very strange house near the bridge.



Some cool old buildings near one of the bridges.



We rode through most of the bridges



This bridge was moved to this location

It used to be near the insane asylum that this guy escaped from.


We came across this lot of Amish Tractors

This town of Mansfield only comes alive once a year during the covered bridge festival.

During the month of October


Steve entering the bridge

Once inside the bridge it got a bit iffy just trying to keep the wheels on the boards.


Most of the bridges must have had the same architect.

This river provided the power for the rolling mill

This mill ground a lot of corn


Not a covered bridge


This is the bridge that Steve wanted to show me

The Bridgeton Mill resides right next to the bridge


These are the gear reducers that convert the water power to drive the large grinding stones.


Creative rain gutter system

Inside the bridge

Several windows



This kid climbed up the inside wall through and opening at the top then jumped into the river.


View of the mill dam under the bridge

There are a lot of these covered bridges that are not being used any more, but are kept around for nostalgia.

Cool biker bar in Rockville, IN


I'm always amazed at the magnificent buildings some of these very small towns have for City Hall

The old Jail

St
Still in use today

Another big one

It is amazing they are still standing after so many years

You would think they would have washed out in a 100 year flood by now!

It is starting to get dark and I think these guys are settling in to catch some catfish

Looks like he has caught a lot of them in his day!


It was well engulfed in flames when we arrived, but fortunately we were able to keep it from being a total loss.

My GPS thinks I'm on a dual sport

I would never have chosen this road, but when it was all said and done, I was glad that it chose me!

Some of the places you come across on these back roads just take you back to a much more peaceful time


No comments:

Post a Comment