Thursday, August 8, 2019

Not being the sharpest guy on the block when it comes to laying out a trip on a navigation system, I usually just program in a city that lies on the road I want to take.

This is Philipsburg and it lies on Hwy 1 in Montana

Georgetown Lake is on the same highway

Many nice homes around the lake

Back on I-90 I stopped for a quick bite and took a couple of long shots of the old mining town.

Good viewpoints of the city are hard to find

I climbed this guys stairs......didn't get caught in spite of that barking dog!

Riding Hwy 78 towards Red Lodge I passed a couple of Amish farms

In Montana, the round bale wins hands down.

I never saw a square one in the entire state.

Another Amish farm.............no machinery

It must snow a lot up here


Red Lodge is the beginning of the BearTooth Hwy when coming from the north end.


The beginning of the scenic BearTooth


The last time I rode this was probably 8 years ago.

At that time the Montana speed limit was 75 mph and the Wyoming speed limit was 70 mph.

Today, on the Montana stretch it was mostly posted at 60 with some areas as low as 45. They have put up a lot more guard rails too.

These mountain goats have a nice grazing area until the winter snows come.


Pretty raggedy coats they're wearing

The views are still AWESOME!

He was a bit shy


.....but also curious

We use to call them Rock Chucks.....a marmot of some sort.

Now you tell me!

The Chief Joseph Hwy will take me through this valley

If I were to head to that valley I would be in Yellowstone NP



You can't go wrong on either the BearTooth or the Chief Joseph, the views are spectacular on both

At the bottom of the road, a bridge crosses a narrow gap over the river

It's a long way from the bridge to the water

How beautiful is this.....

......and how Great is our Creator?

No comments:

Post a Comment